9th Symposium and Summer School On Service-Oriented Computing June 29 to July 4, 2015 in Crete, Greece
SummerSΟC is a well-established international forum on service-oriented computing. The area of service-oriented computing is interpreted quite broadly, i.e. areas of interest for SummerSΟC include cloud computing, business process management, theoretical foundations of services, and applications in/of these areas.
At SummerSΟC, renowned researchers and leading industry practitioners present research results as well as invited talks and tutorials on current topics from the areas above. PhD students have the opportunity to present posters of their ongoing work and give plenary presentations of their theses. The agenda ensures that enough time is allocated for a lot of discussions. Participants typically come from both academia and industry from all over the world.
SummerSOC solicits papers describing original research that are peer-reviewed. In addition to novel research work we also seek application and experience papers as well as overview papers (these submissions have to be marked accordingly). At least one author of each accepted paper is expected to attend SummerSΟC 2015. The best papers will be published in a special issue of the Computing Journal (Springer). All accepted papers will be published in an IBM Research Report. We recommend that authors submit a one page abstract on which they will receive early brief feedback; camera-ready paper submission and review will follow.
We invite submissions on the following topics:
Developing services for the cloud
- Moving existing services to the cloud
- DevOps paradigm for services
- Methods and tools for developing “cloud native” services
- Cloud federations and interoperability among clouds
- Model driven design for multi-cloud services
- Self-management solutions for multi clouds
- Elasticity analytics and control
- Automatic provisioning and management
- Transaction models, consistency models, and coordination models for multi-cloud environments
- Elastic data-as-a-service
- Governance in multi-cloud environments
- Software defined environments
- IoT and Cloud integration
- Cloud provenance
Use of big/smart data
- Computational Models for Big Data
- Software Systems to Support Big Data Computing
- Cloud/Grid/Stream Computing for Big Data
- Big Data in Motion and Big Data at Rest
- Cloud/Grid/StreamData Mining
- Analytic Services
- Security & Privacy
- Applications and Experience Reports
Business processes in the cloud
- Business Processes as a Service
- Social media in business processes
- Business process in hybrid collective adaptive systems
- Quality-of-result aware business processes
Applications of services
- Smart energy/smart grids
- Digital Humanities
- Smart cities
- Smart environment
Abstract submission deadline: January 18th, 2015 (optional-waived)
Paper submission deadline: March 4th, 2015
Notification: March 21st, 2015
Final version submission: April 25th, 2015
SummerSoC: June 29 – July 4, 2015 in Crete, Greece.
Authors should submit original research, overview papers or vision papers.
SummerSoC solicits full and short papers.
Submitted camera-ready papers should not exceed 15 pages in Springer LNCS format.
Submitted short papers should not exceed 7 pages in Springer LNCS format.
Submission to: EasyChair (It will be available soon)
The 9th Symposium and Advanced School in Service-Oriented Computing is directed by leading experts, faculty at well-known universities, and industrial R&D leaders in the field of Service-Oriented Computing (SOC). All of them have been involved in previous efforts to establish Services Science as a fundamental paradigm for computing and software architecture.